How to Get Infant's Certified True Copy of NSO Birth Certificate

After giving birth to my first born child, I was so preoccupied by the requirements to be submitted to my employer for the health insurance benefit addition,  for SSS maternity benefit and for the child's baptism. Since NSO birth certificate will be released in 6 months time, a NSO Certified True Copy is an alternative.
Right after giving birth, the hospital will give you 2 copies of an unregistered birth certificate in which one of them will be your own copy and the other will serve as the hospital's copy to be forwarded to the office of the city's civil registry. We were advised that we can secure this copy in 3 to 4 weeks.
I went to the city hall after a month. I was asked to fill up the form and asked to pay an amount of 154 pesos which I thought free of charge.
But here is the thing; If you want the copy released in an hour then you will have to pay  154 pesos including research fees or pay 104 pesos and get it in 3 days. I followed the instructions given below and filled up request forms and the order of payment that I paid for the request;



  • REQUEST FORM



  • PAYMENT FORM to be paid at the cashier

The NSO Certified True Copy serves as an earliest legal identification of your child while waiting for your NSO Birth Certificate. Hence, make sure that you have the correct entry to avoid inconvenience later on. It has this label "Certified True Copy" at the left side of the paper, a registry number at the upper right side and a stamp of the city's seal.
I have done my request in Makati City Hall in Makati City. What about yours, how and how much did you pay for your babies' certified true copy on your area? Would you mind sharing the information here?

Comments