How To Cook Garlic Butter Broccoli

Hello again! It's been a while since I posted a recipe. So I thought I'd write one and share it again. This time its stir fried broccoli in garlic and butter.

In this recipe you would need:
1 piece medium-large broccoli, cut into small florets
2-3 cloves of garlic, minced
1 tablespoon of oil
1 tablespoon of butter
salt and pepper


Here is the cooked dish, looking good and inviting. :-)


The first thing I do of course is to cut the broccoli into small florets. The technique is to cut it from the stem so the florets don't break into small pieces. Don't throw away the stalk, as that can also be eaten.


I peel the stalk and cut them into pieces like this, mix it with the florets, and soak it in a bowl of water with salt for about 20 minutes. Adding salt to the water helps in removing any unwanted insects in the vegetable.


When you're ready to cook, fill your wok with water, about a liter, bring to boil, and add your broccoli pieces. Bring to boil and cover for around 1 minute, until the veggies turn dark green like the picture below.



Make sure you do not overcook your veggies, because when they do, they disintegrate and it tastes horrible, plus you would have lost all the nutrients already. Veggies taste best when they have a little crunch to them. Drain.

                  

In the same wok, heat about a tablespoon of cooking oil. The reason I do this is that if you put the butter directly into the wok without oil, the butter just burns and your dish becomes bitter. So, in medium heat, put the oil, and add the butter.

                 

When the butter is almost melted, add in your minced garlic. Notice that I like to use a lot of garlic. That's because I like my food aromatic, plus eating garlic is also good for the health, so I use quite a lot. The aroma of garlic and butter should now fill your kitchen.


Add your broccoli and season with salt and pepper. Give it a stir and cover it for around 1 minute or so. You can try a floret to make sure it is already cooked or soft enough but still have that crunch. Turn off the heat.


Put your dish in a serving plate, and you are ready to eat. This dish is very healthy, plus it is also very yummy. I eat it when I make my Chinese fried rice recipe.

Happy cooking! For more recipes, please go to this page.

Comments