Pan Fried Chicken Breasts

Hi there! It's been a while since I last posted a recipe online. I have not been cooking something new as I have been lazy. But yesterday, I thought of preparing something my niece used to love to eat when she was visiting me in Hong Kong. So since her family came over to visit yesterday, I thought of cooking it.

Chicken breast is not something all people love. It could be dry, it is not exciting to eat, blah blah, but people who are watching their diet, this is a healthy piece of meat that they can eat for their source of protein without worrying about the fats. Plus, if cooked right, it can be yummy as well.


You will be surprised as to how easy it is to prepare and cook this, so get your cooking hands ready and let's cook!

Here are our ingredients:

1 big piece of chicken breast, washed and butterflied
salt and pepper
butter for frying


And, as is my custom, I always show the finished product first, so that you get inspired to cook. Looks moist and not dry, isn't it?



First off, thoroughly wash your chicken breast with salt and water. Pat dry, then butterfly it for uniform thickness. When I say butterfly it, you run a knife over the part that is thicker, cut it in half without separating it. That way the thickness is even which makes it better for cooking. Pound the breast with the side of the knife several times to make the meat tender, sprinkle with salt and pepper and keep it in the fridge until you are ready to cook. Best when it is marinated for a couple of hours.



In very low heat, melt a tablespoon of butter in a pan. If your pan is too hot, the butter will burn and your dish will be bitter. As a trick, you can add a little oil on the pan before putting in the butter. I did not have to add the oil as I had my fire on the very low side.


Add the chicken breasts and let cook slowly, so as not to lose the moisture of the meat to avoid eating it dry and tasteless. You can do other things while it is cooking in the pan.


You can flip the meat over after around ten minutes, doing so from time to time to make sure it is not getting burned.


The smell of the butter should be wafting in your kitchen making you hungry by this time. Cook until golden brown and put it on a plate.


Tada! It should be golden brown on the outside but soft and moist on the inside. The butter makes it especially tasty. Cut it into bite sized pieces and serve.

Tip: I also use this meat when I make Caesar salad as a healthier option than bacon. Ha ha.
Bon appetit!

For more recipes, you can go to this page.

Comments