Stir-fried Udon with Bean Sprouts

Hello everyone! It's been a while since I last posted a recipe online. Anyways, I cooked something different yesterday and thought I'd share it with you.

This is another simple and easy to make dish, perfect for when you don't have a lot of time to cook and you don't want to cook anything complicated.


Here's a look at our ingredients then:

Japanese noodles (udon) 2 individual packs, briefly boiled to soften it for faster cooking
A few slices of bacon, sliced into small pieces
2 handfuls of bean sprouts, washed and drained
white onion, sliced thinly
black pepper
soy sauce


This is the finished product, as is my practice, this is the first picture you see.


If you are a vegetarian, you can skip the bacon and just heat your pan with a couple of tablespoons of oil and add the onions.


If not, cook the bacon first, and, when almost cooked, add the onions and stir. I was cooking so many things at the same time yesterday that I forgot to take pictures of the whole process, so I'll just write about it.

When the onions are quite soft, you can add the noodles, add a couple of tablespoons soy sauce and stir to mix well. Add the ground black pepper. 

When the noodles and soy sauce are thoroughly mixed, add the beansprouts and stir to mix thoroughly. You don't have to cook it for so long as the noodles have already been boiled before.


When it's thoroughly mixed, take a taste and adjust the seasoning. I don't like to use so much soy sauce as I don't want he noodles becoming too dark colored. You can add a few slices of green onions for color if you like, or not. 


When the sprouts look a little bit soft, you can turn off the fire already. I like leaving them half cooked for a crunch. If you don't like eating bean sprouts, you can replace the veggies with bell peppers or any vegetable of your choice. You can even add some toasted sesame seeds if you like.

Happy cooking!  For more recipes, you can go to this page.

Comments