My Oven-cooked Daing na Bangus

Hello again! Missing our recipes? Last weekend I cooked this recipe and I am happy to share it with you here.

I like to eat fried fish, especially when I eat it with kimchi, but what I don't like is splattering oil all over my kitchen. So I thought about trying to cook it in the oven, and an added bonus is this: I don't have to use too much oil, hence, a little bit healthier, ha ha.


Here is the finished product. And in this recipe I bought the medium sized boneless bangus. I bought 8 pieces, washed and drained them.


For the marinade, I used 4 cloves of garlic, crushed and chopped into small pieces, juice of 5 kalamansi, about 5 tablespoons of vinegar, a tablespoon of soy sauce for color, about 3 teaspoons of salt, and freshly ground black pepper. How do I know if I have the right taste? Before I add the fish, I mix all the ingredients and lick my finger. If I find that it needs more salt, then I add more.


When the marinade is ready, add your fish. Add them one at a time, soaking both sides into the marinade.


Repeat the process until all your fish has been dipped into the marinade on both sides. It is best to marinade your fish for at least a couple of hours for the marinade to soak into the fish. I leave mine overnight for maximum results.


The next day, when I'm ready to cook, I line a baking tray with foil, and brush the surface of the foil with cooking oil. That will prevent the skin of the fish from sticking to the foil. Lay your fish flat on the surface, making sure there is enough space for each fish.Preheat your oven to 180 degrees, and put the tray in.


After 30 minutes, take out your fish and brush cooking oil on the surface of the fish. This will give it the golden brown color as well as the crisp, just like when it is fried. Put it in for another half an hour or until the surface is golden brown.


Take out the tray from the oven, let it cool for about 5 minutes so that your fish can be easily taken out from the foil, not sticking or anything. The meat should be moist, not dry, and not too oily as well. Serve. Best eaten with our stir fried morning glory recipe, and kimchi on the side.

For more recipes, go to this page.

Comments

  1. This daing na bangus looks appetizing. Gonna try out this recipe sometime.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Janis Trevor, it really is! Plus it's not gonna make a mess in the kitchen like frying does! :-)

      Delete
  2. Thanks for sharing this daing na bangus recipe! It looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Red Tamayo, thank you! Even my picky eater niece loves it! :-)

      Delete

Post a Comment