Japanese Foods Galore

Hello again! The highlight of traveling is eating, and no trip to Japan is ever complete without tasting their food, and taste we did, and here are some pictures of the assorted foods Japan has to offer. Please don't look for sushi though, as I don't eat sushi, neither does my friend, so, no sushi in this post.

Japan is famous for its king crabs, and these we saw at the Kuromon market in Osaka. They were a bit pricey for us though, so we just took pictures, ha ha.
This lobster stick I tried at Nishinomaru Garden near the Osaka Castle. I think it cost Y400 which is about PHP200, but I bought it anyway.
Seafood is always on the pricey side, and Japan has fresh seafood, so if this is your thing, go for it. These lobsters look yummy! They have lots of these in Kuromon.
These are onion and bacon balls, which we tried at Nishiki market. They were nice.
These are fish roe, tuna slices for sashimi and sushi, I guess, they were for my eyes only.
Three pieces of prawns and 2 pieces of scallops for Y1000? No thanks, I'll pass. :-)
I guess you get full after eating even just eating 5 legs of the king crab.
I don't know why these was so pricey. Perhaps they have more flesh inside? Not crazy enough to pay PHP2000 pesos for this measly amount. Kuromon market again.
This is the onion and bacon ball in my hands. It was delicious! I think it was Y150 for a piece.
I had this bowl of ramen in a ramen shop on our way to transfer trains in Umeda. The egg like thing on top is like bread which is dry and they just put it on top of the broth when they serve it.
I had this spicy sausage as a snack when we visited the deer in Nara prefecture. For Y400, it was okay.
During our last day, we were walking along the Tsutenkaku area and found a Korean restaurant, so we had ramyeon since we were craving for warm soup.
 These bentos we found along the Namba walk. That place is lined with restaurants and shops that sell food and clothing and accessories.
We watched how takoyakis were made at a takoyaki restaurant near the Osaka Tower.
We had this noodle snack near the entrance of the Yasaka Jinja shrine in Kyoto. Every where you go, there are always food stalls where you can try the various food offerings that they have.
My friend tried her first Japanese takoyaki at the Nishinomaru Garden near the Osaka Castle. I have to say, takoyakis are not my thing.
This was the first snack we bought at Kuromon market. It seemed like a tofu dish but it had a lobster taste, so I am not really sure what it was made of. It was delicious though, so we were happy to have bought it.
My friend bought some of these fried fishcake snacks at the Nishiki market. She said they were nice as well.
These are fried donuts we bought from Nishiki as well. It was Y100 for 5 pieces which was pretty cheap, and they were also nice.
My friend bought another set of takoyaki, this time near the Osaka Tower. The taste vary from store to store but I get tired of the taste easily. It is too rich for me.
Believe it or not I had this lunch set by myself. It was chicken and beef set with rice and soup, a complete meal. It was of course worth the price, and you'll see the evidence in the next picture.
I finished all of it, as you can see, evidence that it was good! I even have the picture upside down, haha. Apologies.
More pictures of seafood from Kuromon. 
Our picnic food at the Nagai Park. When we go to have a picnic, we just buy ready made food from the supermarket, spread out our picnic mat, and enjoy. Super cheap too!
I had this dinner on our way back from Kyoto, so most probably it was in Umeda that we had it. I wanted gyozas, and it came with fried rice and soup, so I can hardly walk afterwards.
This was a ramen dinner we had at a shop near our hotel. The owner was a lady who told us, through a translator app, that her mom was friends with Filipino ladies and was often mistaken to be one of them as well.
More seafood. Japan is also famous for sweets, but somehow we did not end up eating them. The thing is, we were always eating, and so most of the time we were full, and we had no need of eating desserts. We did have some pastries, and we bought a lot of sweet things to bring home.

So, if you're planning to go to Japan, they have a lot more foods than what I have posted here. According to your preferences and budget, you can enjoy their myriad choices on offer. You can read more articles about my Japan trip in this page.


Comments